NAME, LOGO AND OBJECTIVES OF THE PARTY
The People's Revolutionary Party of Kampuchea had been changed to the Cambodian People 's Party, the short name of which is "C.P.P". The titled of file Party's anthem is "Boat Chamrieng Kanakpak Pracheachon".
The shape of the Party's logo is oval with white background, having two bundles of golden grainy stalks of rice bent as buffalo horns and meeting at the end. The decorating strip rolls the lower side of the bundles in five circular levels; in the middle of the strip which bows across the lower part are engraved the white scriptures reading the Cambodian People's Party. The golden carving is to be used as the support; between the carving and the decorating strip there are golden gears. On the white background, an angel spreading flowers is located in the middle of the circle.
The objectives of the Party are to gather forces of all Cambodian citizens who share patriotic ideals, believe in democracy, and are peace-loving. We do not discriminate on the basis of economic status, nationality, religious belief, or past biography in order to unite, strengthen, and preserve the social achievements and build up an independent
PRINCIPLES TO FORM THE PARTY
1. The Party believes in democracy, promotes the patriotic conscience, and advocates opening international relations with all countries throughout the world. This is the background of its Policy - Platform and its activities, which are based on the concrete principles of the country and the common tendency in the world.
2- The Party has the right discipline and practices democracy from the top to the bottom, implementing a regime of collective leadership and individual responsibility. It prohibits all activities which would result in a division of the Party's solidarity and unity. The Party will abide by fraternal suggestions for mutual improvements.
3. The Party was set up and developed within the mass movement. The Party represents the interests of the Cambodian people. The Party and each Party member pay great attention to building a good relationship with the people and improving their know-how and ethics in order to serve the nation.
4. The Party leads the political, moral and organizational work. It recognizes the role of social organizations. It assists and cooperates with them in order to encourage the people to preserve the social achievements and build the country.
5- The Party accepts as its members the good people within the mass movement and dismisses from the Party those who do not fulfill its condition.
Article 5: Conditions for being member of the Party
1- Cambodian citizens of both sexes who are 18 years old and above can be
accepted as members of the Party .
2- Having patriotic and democratic ideals, supporting the Political Platform
and Statutes of the Party .
3- Being honest and having a good relationship with the people and being
beloved and trusted by the people.
4- Not being a member of another party.
Article 6: Procedure for being member of the Party
1- Individual candidate submits the application form and his or her biography to the Committee of the Party Branch ( Sakha) for consideration.
2- Two members introduce the candidate.
3- The grassroots Party Committee considers and makes decision on adhesion with at least the consent of 2/3 of its members.
4- The acceptance of new Party members in special cases or the recognition of the Party membership rests in the decision of the Standing Committee of the Party Central Committee.
Article 7: Obligations of the member
1-Strive to correctly implement the Political Platform and Statutes of
2- Establish a good relationship with the people and do the best to inform the people about the Party Platform and Laws of the State
3- Must preserve internal solidarity and unity, maintain the secrecy of the Party, and give recommendations for mutual improvements
4- Strive to learn and upgrade their qualifications and instill honesty in order to fulfill the tasks entrusted by the nation and the country.
Article 8: Rights of the member
1- Debate and adopt every action and policy of the Party.
2- Present the candidates, run as a candidate, and elect the leading apparatus of the Party at all levels.
3- Express views and submit his or her complaint to the Party Committee at
Any member who successively misses or fail to attend the Party periodical meeting or to pay the memberships fee three times without a good excuse, the Committee of the Party Branch decides to remove his or her name from the membership list and report to the higher level for consideration and approval. Obligations and rights of the member must exercise at the new place whenever the Party member moves from one place to another.
PRINCIPALS OF ORGANIZATION AND STRUCTURE OF THE PARTY
Article 10: The fundamental contents of the Party organizational principles are
1- The Leadership of the Party Committee at all levels is elected by the General Assembly and approved by its direct upper level. In case of the General Assembly cannot be held, then the upper level will appoint a temporary one.
2- Collectively lead and individually responsible.
3- During debate, democracy must be implemented, after adoption of the Party's position, the minority must follow the majority.
4- Each member must respect the organization hierarchy, the lower level has to respect the upper one. The entire Party must respect the Party General Assembly and Party Central Committee.
5- Party organization at all levels must creatively strive to implement the Party Political Platform in line with their respective local condition. The Party must seek advice from the higher level if unusual case arises.
The Organizational Structure of the Party was established in different institutions. The structure of the Party is organized at four levels, namely :
- Central ;
- Provincial, Municipal, Ministerial, and Institutional;
- District and
The Party General Assembly at all levels consists of two forms namely the General Assembly of the Representatives and the General Assembly of the entire members.
The General Assembly is the highest leading body of the Party of each level. Its tasks are to consider, discuss and adopt the Political Report of the Party Committee; discuss and orient every main working principles of the Party at its level; elect a new Party Committee; discuss every main principles laid down by the upper level or the Party Central Committee; and elect delegates to attend the General Assembly of the upper level [ if there should be a need to do so].
The Party General Assembly at each level shall be convened by the Party Committee of that level and by the recommendations of the upper level.
The session of the Party General Assembly could be considered as being official unless the number of delegates of the Party Committee of the lower levels represents more than half of their members. The Party Committee at all levels are elected by direct and secret vote.
The number of the Party Committee 's members at all levels is determined by the General Assembly and the recommendation of the upper level.
With due consideration of the necessities, the Party Committee at all levels enjoys the rights to set up a team to assist its work and defines its tasks, rights, responsibilities, and work procedures in line with the instructions of the upper level.
THE GRASSROOTS ORGANIZATION OF THE PARTY
Sakha [ Branch-Party ] is the Grassroots Organization of the Party. The units at the grassroots such as the administrative, socio-economic, and social organizations which have there than 3 Party members must set up a Sakha.
A Sakha may form several sub-Sakhas [ sub-Branch-Party ]. The Sakha which has 3 to 7 members must elect a President and a Vice-President if there are more than 9 members, a Sakha Party Committee must be formed. The grassroots organization in the commune or a similar level which has many members must set up a Grassroots Party Committee.
The Standing Committee of the Central Committee shall give instructions on the Structure, Role and Tasks of the Grassroots Party Committee.
Article 15: Tasks of the Sakha ( Branch Party)
1- Firmly grasp the Political Platform of the Party and the State-Laws in order to organize the implementation in line with local conditions
2- Cooperate with the Social Organizations in order to encourage the mass movement to take part in the building and strengthening of the administration; attach great attention to solving the living conditions of the people, both in spiritual and material terms.
3- Allocate and oversee the work entrusted to every member, educate its members, enroll the new members, encourage the members by forms of award and discipline, recruit the cadres and maintain solidarity.
4- Report of the current situation and request the decision of the upper level on the main problems.
The concrete tasks of each kind of the Sakha will be determined separately.
The Sakha, Sakha Party Committee and the Grassroots Party Committee must meet once per month. If need , an extraordinary meeting must be convened. The sub-Sakha must also hold its meeting once per month.
The General Assembly of the Sakha and that of the Grassroots Party Committee must be held once a year. This General Assembly is tasked to consider, discuss and adopt the political report of the Sakha; discuss and define the main working principles of the Sakha; and elect its President and Vice-President and its Sakha and Grassroots Party Committee
THE DISTRICT- PROVINCIAL- MUNICIPAL-
MINISTERIAL AND INSTITUTIONAL PARTY
The General Assembly of the Party 's district representatives must be held twice within a period of 5 years while that of the representatives of the provincial, municipal, ministerial and institutional level, once every five years. In case an urgent matter arises, an extraordinary General Assembly could be converted following the approval of the Party Central Committee.
The General Assembly of every level elects its Party Committee. The Plenum of the Party Committee respectively elects the Standing Committee, the President and Vice-President of the Party Committee, the Control Committee and its President, the Financial Committee and its President and then, all of them should be approved by the higher level.
The Party Committees of the district, provincial, municipal, ministerial, and institutional level must implement both the resolutions of their own General Assemble and the resolutions and circulars of their upper level The Party Committee are duty-bound to lead the day-to-day work of their own level in the period between one General Assembly and another.
In case if the Party General Assembly of the district, provincial, municipal, ministerial, and institutional levels could not be held, the upper level Party Committee may appoint a temporary Party Committee.
The Party Committees of the district, provincial, municipal, ministerial. and institutional level must meet once every month.
The Party Committee which has more than 9 members must elect the Standing Committee in order to lead the overall affairs in the period between one Plenum and another The upper level Party Committee of this Party level must make the latter understand about the situation and important tasks to be carried out.
THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE NATIOINWDE PARTY
REPRESENTATIVES AND THE PARTY CENTRAL I. COMMITTEE
The General Assembly of the Nationwide Party Representatives is the supreme leading body of the Party and convened once every 5 years by the Party Central Committee. In special circumstances, the General Assembly
could be held prior or after its mandate. Its task is to consider, debate and adopt the political report of the Party Central Committee and the overall situation of the Party, formulate the Party internal and foreign policies, lay down the tasks of the Party at each stage, amend the Party Statutes, and elect the Party Central Committee.
If important matters are to be decided but the General Assembly could not be convened, the Party Central Committee must hold the Extraordinary General Assembly with the participation of the Party Central Committee and the main Party leaders of the provincial, municipal, ministerial and institutional.
Article 21: Tasks of the Party Central Committee are as-follows
1- Lead the Party work in the period between one General Assembly and another aimed at putting into practice the General Assembly Resolutions.
2- Decide every important issues in connection with Party internal and external policies, Party building work, organizational work, cadre work, and Party financial and budgetary management.
3- Establish relations with political parties all over the world.
4- Make preparations for flee holding of the General, Assembly of the Nationwide Party Representatives. Once every 6 months, inform the Party at the lower levels about the overall situation and main issues so that they could give their views and recommendations.
The Plenum of the Party Central Committee respectively elects the Standing Committee of the Party Central Committee, the Party Control Committee, the Party Financial Committee, the Chairman and Vice-Chairman of the Party Central Committee, the Presidents of the Control Committee and of the Financial Committee of the Party Central Committee.
The Central Committee may assign an Honorable Chairman or the Advisors to the Party Central Committee.
The Standing Committee of the Party Central Committee leads the overall affairs of the Party in the period between one Plenum of the Central Committee and another. The Standing Committee must set up a Permanent Committee to address the daily work.
The role, tasks and procedures of the Honorable Chairman and the Advisors to the Party Central Committee will be defined separately.
The Central Committee holds its Plenum once every 6 months.
ROLE OF THE PARTY VIS-A-VIS THE STATE AND
- The Party leads politics by striving to organize the implementation of the Party Political Platform in order to govern the country.
- The Party recognizes the role of the social organizations such as the Front, Youth Association, Women Association, Farmer Association, Trade Unions etc... The Party assists and cooperates with the social organizations in order to encourage the people's movement to defend the social achievements and build the country. The Party and Social Organization must in form each other about the people's aspirations so as to thickly come up with measures to address these problems.
AWARDS AND DISCIPLINE
Article 24: Awards
Members and organizations of' the Party which take lead in the service of the nation will be awarded under different forms by the Party Committee at all levels.
Article 25: Forms of discipline
Members and organizations of the Party which act against or infringe on the Party's interests must be punished through the following forms :
- For Party member: to be blamed, removed from his or her position, and dismissed from the Party.
- For Party organization to be blamed, and dissolved the organization.
COMPETENT AUTORITY TO ENFORCE DISCIPLINE
1. For Party members
- The Sakha has the rights to blame the ordinary members who acts against the interests of the Sakha.
- The Party Committee which is the direct upper level of the Sakha has the rights to blame and remove the President, Vice-President and members of the Sakha Committee from position
- The Party Committee of any level which has the rights to make decisions on appointment or approval, enjoys also the rights to blame the Party Committee members and remove them from position.
- The decision to dismiss a member from the Party Central Committee is subject to the Plenum of the Party Central Committee and at the request of the Standing Committee of the Party Central Committee and then report to the General Assembly of the Nationwide Party Representatives.
- The Party Committee of any upper level which has the rights to enroll new membership, enjoys also the rights to dismiss only the ordinary member from the Party. As far as the dismissal of the Party officials is concerned, this is subjected to the upper level of that Party Committee to make decision. The dismissal from membership must have the consent of at least 2 /3 of the members or of the Party Committee's members.
2- For the Party Organizations
- Disciplining the Party organization through blaming measure is decided by the Party Committee which is the direct upper level of that Party organization.
-Disciplining the Party organization through dissolution form must first have the approval of the Party Committee which is the direct upper level of that Party organization, then forward this dissolution request to another upper level for approval, and finally report to the Party Central Committee.
THE PARTY CONTROL COMMITTEE
- Set up the Party Control Committee from the district and similar level upward. At the grassroots level, the President of the Sakha must be made personally responsible for this Party Control work.
- The Control Committee and its President of any level are elected by the Party Committee of that level and are officially recognized by their upper level Party. The mandate of the Party Control Committee of any level is similar to that of the Party Committee of that level. Party Control Committee of all levels works under the guidance of the Party Committee of that level.
- Members of the Party Control Committee at the Central, Provincial, Municipal and district level as well as other similar level may be composed of both members from the Party Committee as well as a number those who are not members of the Party Committee at all levels. The Party Central Committee will define the tasks, rights and responsibilities of the Party Control Committee of all levels.
FINANCE OF THE PARTY
The finance of the Party includes assets and budget of the Party. Finance and budget of the Party come from its monthly membership fees and other proceeds of the Party. The revenue - expenditures of the Party and the management of its finance and budget are decided separately by the Party Central Committee.
Article 29:THE PARTY FINANCIAL COMMITTEE
- Set up the Party Financial Committee from the district and other similar levels upwards. At the grassroots level, the Vice-President of tire Sakha must be made personally in charge of this financial affair.
- The Party Financial Committee and its President of any level are elected by the Party Committee of that level and are officially approved by the upper level Party of that Party Committee. The mandate of this Financial Committee is similar to that of the Party Committee level. The Party Financial Committee works under the guidance of the Party Committee of that level.
9 Members of the Financial Committee at the Central, Provincial, Municipal and district level and other similar level may be composed of both members from the Party Committee and those who are not members of the Party Committee at all levels. The structure, tasks and rights of the Financial Committee of all levels will be determined separately by the Party Central Committee.
AMENDMENT OF THE STATUTES OF THE PARTY
Only the General Assembly of the Nationwide Party Representatives has the rights to amend the Statutes of the Party.